led by Andrei Jay
Andrei Jay has been teaching folks video art & video feedback techniques using analog video gear for years. Now for the they will apply the same knowledge and experience they have from the analog realms using the computer program Open Broadcaster Software.
- usb camera feedback
- screen capture (‘internal’) feedback
- compositing & mixing multiple signals
- video sample playback
- color & geometry processing
- filters & LUTs
***Please note: we will NOT be covering the question “How to capture analog video signals into OBS.”***
This workshop will be 4 weeks of hands on classes plus 1 extra session in which folks will share their final projects.
To participate in this class you will need to have
- some kind of computer that is capable of running a fairly recent version of OBS
- A fairly recent version of OBS installed, running, and tested on your computer
- an external webcam (the one built into your laptop will not work), logitech c270 or something similar is ideal
- not strictly necessary but highly recommended is to have at least 2 monitors for your desktop or an external monitor for your laptop. Something simple and minimal like a lepow is perfect.
Class sessions will be recorded & archived, however this is simply for back up & reference material. All students are expected to be present as well as ready and willing to turn webcams & microphones on for the majority of class sessions. Please do not take this class if you aren’t able to show up and actively contribute to discussions.
Please review all of the info before registering 🙂
Class Schedule: Sundays 8pm EST/Mondays 1am GMT. All classes are 90 minutes +-10 minutes long.
Sunday January 28 8pm EST
Sunday February 4th 8pm EST
Sunday February 11 8pm EST
Sunday February 18 8pm EST
Sunday February 25 8pm EST
Full refund if contacted more than 1 week before the first class session starts, no refunds 1 week after the first class session starts, and a gradient of potential refunds in between.